Giving back to the community is of great importance to me. Not only is it a responsibility, but it also comes from a desire to be a good neighbour in the communities in which I serve.
Below is some of the ways I have chosen to become involved in communities, at home and abroad.
During difficult economic times, it is even more challenging for charities to raise the funds they need for important projects. For this reason, my business partners and I have made a $50,000 charitable commitment to the Hospital for Sick Children to help with the planned renovation of their operating suites.
Supporting Free The Children
Free The Children is the world’s largest network of children helping children thorough education, with more than 1 million youth involved in innovative education and development programs. Free The Children has built more than 500 schools around the world. My spouse and I funded the construction of a school outside Nairobi, Kenya named after my father. We also fund the school’s supplies on an annual basis.
- Building a playground in Toronto's Regent Park, organized by the Million Dollar Round Table Canadian Foundation with funds provided by Sun Life Financial.
- Delivering Christmas care packages prepared by the Toronto Star Santa Claus Fund.
- Member, Benefits and Remuneration Committee, Kingsway College School
- Member, Board of Governors Selection Committee, Kingsway College School
- Advisor Committee Member, Planned Giving, The Hospital For Sick Children Foundation